CURRENT VOLUNTEER NEEDS
Screen and assist volunteers with the application process
Track volunteer hours and needs
Coordinate help for events and trainings
• Trauma therapists needed for our clients. We need more therapists willing to take on one to two of our clients free of charge every 6 months.
• Backpacks for clients coming out of Juvi, Los Colinas women's jail, hospitals, and off the street filled with Pjs, athletic wear, journal and food vouchers. These needed on hand for street outreach and emergency support.
• 7-passenger vehicle or funds for regular transportation services (van services)
• Bookkeeper/Accountant (Filled)
• Updating web content
• Marketing brochure (have materials but need help implementing/organizing/laying out design & content)
• Newsletter and monthly blog.
• Grant writing and grant searching (continual) ASAP! (Temporarily filled through May 31st)
• Table/booth hosts for events (On hold due to Covid)
• Social Enterprise development/build business plan, strategic plan and implement plan (This is a long-term goal idea)
▪ Potential Products include: Manufacturing frozen food or drink products, t-shirts, and other online store sales ideas. We welcome other ideas for sustainable growth and ability to employ survivors coming out of our program.
▪ We need help with platform, plan, etc.
▪ Want to be able to employ guests in our future housing program for at least minimum wage.
• We need a financial plan and funding upfront, SWOT analysis, cost analysis, market analysis, etc.
“Housing” – LITERALLY! • Our current housing project is our biggest need. (in the process of raising the funding). It will be our highest cost center due to cost of rent and utilities and program staff fees. Looking for donated property/house or low rent price.
At the rate we are going with the partnerships we have accumulated our only real cost would be for housing and staffing our program director and resident manager. Proposed cost estimating $87,000 for the first year.
We are looking to have 3 bedrooms that could easily house 4 women. This type of housing is extremely temporary and would fit within our 90-120 day emergency housing limit/plan for our clients as needed. We cannot delay intake as these women have nowhere else to go.
The Well House Volunteers- Client Facing
• Once housing is in place, we will need more volunteers
Client facing volunteers will be scheduled to be available to host workshops, and mentorship, and will help assist the program director and resident manager at the residence during the day and early evenings Monday-Friday.
• Transportation of Clients to appointments - Times determined by designated client’s schedules
• Work shop facilitation
• Fitness coaching
• Nutrition coaching
• AA/NA/CR female sponsors
Current Client Facing Volunteer Needs
•Workshop facilitation for basic life skills
• Job/Career guidance/mentorship
• On Call Emergency Response
Please help with filling the gaps notated above – feel free to take the initiative in assisting with any of the above. We will make ourselves available for any questions, concerns or discussion.